One of my very good friends, Joichi Ito will visit Bulgaria on Oct. 25-26, to meet the Bulgarian bloggers’ community, the free and open source fans, and Bulgarian politicians.
This is a very good news for my country, and we are already working on the program for his visit. Visit this blog regularly for updates. See who Joi is:
He’s one of the world-wide known bloggers. He’s also Vice President of Technorati, which is currently tracking more than 51 million blogs.
His official bio says “In 2000 he was ranked among the “50 Stars of Asia” by Business Week and commended by the Japanese Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications for supporting the advancement of IT. In 2001 the World Economic Forum chose him as one of the 100 “Global Leaders of Tomorrow” for 2002.”
Joi is also:
* Board Member, Creative Commons
* Chairman of the Board, iCommons
* Board Member, Mozilla Foundation
* Board Member, ZeroOne Art and Technology Network
* Board Member, Enjin01, Cultural Strategy Council (Japan)
* Board Member, ICANN
* Board Member, Open Source Initiative
* Board Member, Metabrainz Foundation
and a number of other positions. He lives in JMT (same like Greenwich Mean Time, but working better), because he’s almost non-stop somewhere (his average travel time is 299 km/day). You can find out where he is by searching plazes.
Joi will be in Sofia also on Oct 27-28 for the ICANN Board retreat.