Bulgaria elected Georgi Parvanov for President

Yesterday, during the 2nd round of elections, Bulgaria elected incumbent President Georgi Parvanov for his second term.

This is the first time in the last 17 years (after the fall of socialism) when the incumbent wins re-election. Mr. Parvanov made that possible with about 76 % of the votes, leaving 24 % for his challenger.

President Parvanov came into office from being leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party. Today the party leader, Sergey Stanishev, is Prime Minister of the Republic of Bulgaria.

Both are members of the Internet Society of Bulgaria. Earlier this year, they both met with a number of Internet chief executives.

This entry was posted in IT in Bulgaria. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.